Guidelines for Beginners
Below is some general information about IMCN that will help you know what to expect when you arrive.
What you need to bring with you:
- If you plan to pay for your registration when you arrive, please bring cash or a personal check. We are not able to process credit cards in person. You are able to pay by credit card if you register in advance on our website.
- In the cooler months we suggest that you wear warm socks as you cannot wear shoes into the Meditation Hall.
- If you are attending a full-day event on the weekend, you are welcome to bring a lunch. There is a refrigerator and microwave available for you to use. We provide a vegetarian soup and bread for lunch that you are welcome to eat, but we cannot accommodate dietary restrictions.
Things you might want to leave at home or in your car:
- We ask that you not wear perfume/heavy scents as some of our guests are sensitive to strong scents.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices need to be turned completely off during your visit. Many guests choose to either leave these devices at home or in the car.
- Some guests choose to leave their valuables (such as purses) in the car as well.